Genotropin is a form of human growth hormone important for the growth of bones and muscles.
Genotropin is used to treat growth failure in children and adults who lack natural growth hormone. This includes people with short stature due to Turner syndrome, Prader-Willi syndrome, short stature at birth with no catch-up growth, and other causes.
Genotropin may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.
Various brands of this medication are used for the treatment of one of the following medical conditions: growth failure, growth hormone deficiency, intestinal disorder (short bowel syndrome) or HIV-related weight loss or wasting. Buy genotropin pen online.
Somatropin is also used to increase height in children with certain disorders (such as Noonan syndrome, Turner syndrome, idiopathic short stature).
How to use Genotropin Cartridge
- Read the Patient Information Leaflet that may come with your brand of this medication provided by your pharmacist before you start using somatropin and each time you get a refill. If you have any questions, consult your doctor or pharmacist.
- Some brands of this medication are given by injection into a muscle or under the skin. Some brands may only be injected under the skin. The way you inject this medicine will depend on the brand that you are using. Check with your pharmacist to ensure that the way you are injecting your medicine is correct. It is important to change the location of the injection site to avoid problem areas under the skin. For best results, this medication must be used exactly as prescribed by your doctor. It is important to understand your therapy and to follow your doctor’s instructions closely.
- The dosage is based on your age, weight, medical condition and response to treatment.
- If you are giving this medication to yourself at home, learn all preparation and usage instructions from your health care professional. Do not shake while mixing the solution. Shaking makes the medication not work properly. Before using, check this product visually for particles or discoloration. If either is present, do not use the liquid. Learn how to store and discard medical supplies safely.
- If you are using a pen device, do not share your pen device with another person, even if the needle is changed. You may give other people a serious infection, or get a serious infection from them. Learn how to store and discard medical supplies safely.
- If this medicine is used for short bowel syndrome, consult your doctor if a special diet (high carbohydrate/low-fat) or the use of nutritional supplements may be helpful.
- If this medicine is used for weight loss/muscle wasting, it may take up to 2 weeks to notice the effects of the drug. Do not use more of this medication than prescribed or use it more often since the risk of side effects will be increased.